On Campus Links
This is a list of direct links to allow On-Campus visitors access to vendor databases
Having trouble with your Cougar ID? Read the Cougar ID Guide (new window)
- Artstor: Artstor is a nonprofit organization committed to digital collection solutions for universities, museums, schools, and libraries worldwide
- Mometrix Test: The test offers test preparation resources for a variety of standardized tests and certification exams, such as CASA Math, GED Science, SAT Reading, TEAS Reading, etc.
- Mometrix Study Guide: The study guide includes: Cosmetology Exam Practice Questions; Cosmetology Exam Secrets; GED Secrets; TSI Assessment Secrets; Certified Coding Associate Exam Secrets; RHIT Exam Secrets; Secrets of the CDA Exam; NCLEX-RN Practice Questions; NCLEX-RN Secrets; Secrets of the TEAS V Exam.
- Digital Campus Movie: Streaming movies based on academic disciplines to enrich college life, to encourage active learning, to facilitate dialog among students in and out of the classroom.
- eBrary: an electronic book database providing cover-to-cover full text access of over 32,000 books in all academic disciplines. This service provides users with a free account to save books, take notes, and print individual pages.
- EBSCOhost Research Databases: over 30 different databases to search for magazine/ journal/ newspaper articles, books, documents, maps, and images in all subjects. The main "All Databases" portal provides access to individual databases or simultaneous searching. ● To jump to the links to individual databases, click here. ● To jump to the links to search interfaces, click here.
- Gale PowerSearch: this service provides access to a single search for InfoTrac Custom Newspapers and Health Reference Academic. It also provides access to all the individual Thomson Gale databases, including health, news, and literary searches.
- Journal of Periodontology Online: This link provides access to the Journal of Periodontology to ON-CAMPUS users only, with no login necessary. Abstract access to issues are provided for volume 70 (1999) to current issue. Issues on microfilm are available at the library for volume 31 (1960) to volume 77 (2006).
- Literature Online: a searchable library of more than 350,000 works of English and American poetry and prose, including nearly 200 full-text journals, and key reference and literature sources.
- Literature Resource Center: a complete literature reference database covering drama, poetry, fiction, and literary criticism.
- EBSCOhost eBooks (formerly NetLibrary): an electronic book database providing cover-to-cover full text access of over 28,000 books in all academic disciplines. This service provides users with a free account to save books, take notes, and print individual pages.
- Statista: statistical data from around the world pulled from over 18,000 sources.
- JSTOR: A digital library of academic journals, books, and primary sources.
- HeritageQuest Online: provides access to genealogy records and census data, plus other historical primary documents.
- Radiology Journals
- Radiology Today Magazine: includes on trends in imaging technology and radiation therapy, career development, legal/regulatory issues, advances in research, and career advice. Access is free. Online journal; access is free.
- Radiographics: the Journal of Continuing Medical Education in Radiology, peer-reviewed journal. Access is authorized by IP address. User must be located on a CBC campus to access full text.
- Radiology: a monthly peer-reviewed journal. Access is authorized by IP address. User must be located on a CBC campus to access full text.
- RSNA News: the monthly newsletter of the Radiology Society of North America. Access is free.
- Other Resources
- OCLC WorldCat: Online Computer Library Center database of over 57 million books, web resources, and other material worldwide, plus all the records cataloged by OCLC member libraries, representing 400 languages.
- Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ): this free online database provides access to peer- reviewed, full-text, online journal articles in English and other languages.
- ECOS: the Educational and Career Opportunities System: provided to students to assist in finding university programs, creating portfolios, and find about financial aid and scholarships.
- Chronicle of Higher Education: this is the complete online edition to the print copy, which is held at the main library.
EBSCOhost Databases Return to top
- Academic Search Complete: the world's most valuable and comprehensive scholarly, multi-disciplinary full-text database, with more than 5,300 full-text periodicals, including 4,400 peer-reviewed journals.
- Business Source Complete: the largest available business database of full-text, peer-reviewed documents and journals.
- MasterFILE Premier: a large, multidisciplinary, collection of full-text items: 500 reference books, 1,730 journals, 84,000 biographies, 100,000 primary source documents, and 200,000 images.
- Medline: an authoritative medical information on medicine, nursing, dentistry, veterinary medicine, the health care system, pre-clinical sciences, etc., from over 4800 journals.
- Military & Government Connection: contains over 300 full text periodicals, news and academic journals for the military & government.
- Newspaper Source: provides selected full text for 25 national (U.S.) and international newspapers, plus full text television & radio news transcripts, and selected full text for more than 260 regional (U.S.) newspapers.
- Alt HealthWatch: provides full text for 180 publications, including full text for many peer-reviewed journals dating back to 1990.
- CINAHL Plus with Full Text - the most comprehensive source of full text for nursing & allied health journals, providing full text for more than 750 journals indexed in CINAHL.
- Health Source - Consumer Edition: features more than 130 full text, consumer health magazines, including the medical sciences, food sciences and nutrition, childcare, sports medicine and general health.
- Health Source: Nursing/Academic Edition: provides nearly 550 scholarly full text journals focusing on many medical disciplines, and abstracts and indexing for nearly 850 journals.
- MedicLatina: a Spanish language collection of 100 peer-reviewed, medical research journals in Spanish full-text.
- Psychology and Behavioral Sciences Collection: provides nearly 575 full text publications, including nearly 550 peer-reviewed titles, on psychology and behavioral and social sciences. Nearly every full text title included in this database is indexed in PsycINFO.
- Agricola: contains bibliographic records from the U.S. Department of Agriculture's National Agricultural Library, dating back to 1970 and includes more than 2.5 million citations from journal articles, documents, and technical reports.
- Bibliography of Native North Americans (BNNA): contains more than 98,000 citations for books, essays, journal articles, and government documents of the United States and Canada covering all aspects of native North American culture, history, and life, from the 16th century to the present.
- Computer Source: provides researchers full text for 300 publications, indexing and abstracts for nearly 450 publications, with the latest information and current trends in high technology.
- Economia y Negocios: a Spanish language database, focusing on business and economics, with 60,000 bibliographic records. Coverage dates back to the early 1980s and includes over 200 periodicals published in Latin America and Spain.
- EBSCO Animals: provides indexing, abstracts, and full text records describing the nature and habitat of familiar animals.
- ERIC, the Educational Resource Information Center: contains more than 2,200 digests along with references for additional information and citations and abstracts from over 1,000 educational and education-related journals.
- Fuente Academica: provides full text, multi-disciplinary content for 260 scholarly Spanish language journals.
- Funk & Wagnalls New World Encyclopedia: provides over 25,000 encyclopedic entries covering a variety of subject areas.
- Information Science & Technology Abstracts: the leading database in the areas of information science, indexing journal articles from more than 450 publications plus books, research reports, and conference proceedings and patents, with ongoing comprehensive coverage dating back to the mid-1960s.
- Internet and Personal Computing Abstracts: provides abstracts and indexing for literature related to personal computing products and developments in business, the Internet, the home, and all other applied areas, including 400 of the most important trade publications.
- Legal Collection: contains full text for more than 250 scholarly law journals, providing information on current legal issues, studies, thoughts, and trends.
- MAS Ultra - School Edition: a database for high school libraries, containing full text for nearly 500 high school magazines, 350 reference books, 84,774 biographies, 100,554 primary source documents. All articles are assigned a reading level indicator (Lexiles).
- Middle Search Plus: provides full text for 140 popular magazines, 85,000 biographies, and 100,000 primary source documents for middle and JR high school research. All full text articles included in the database are assigned a reading level indicator (Lexiles).
- Primary Search: provides full text for nearly 70 popular, magazines for elementary school research. All full text articles included in the database are assigned a reading level indicator (Lexiles), and full text information dates as far back as 1990.
- Professional Development Collection: for professional educators, providing a highly specialized collection of 520 high quality education journals, including nearly 350 peer-reviewed titles, and more than 200 educational reports.
- Regional Business News: a comprehensive full text coverage for regional business publications.
- Religion and Philosophy Collection: provides coverage of world religions, major denominations, biblical studies, religious history, epistemology, political philosophy, philosophy of language, moral philosophy and the history of philosophy, in more than 300 full text journals, including more than 250 peer-reviewed titles.
- Science & Technology Collection: contains over 800 leading full text science journals, plus indexing and abstracts for more than 1,700 publications.
- The Serials Directory: provides access to the most up-to-date and accurate bibliographic information as well as current pricing structures for over 200,000 popular serials, including e-mail and Internet addresses.
- Texas Reference Center: more than 80 full text journals and books about Texas history, culture, business, biographies and Texas newspapers.
- TopicSearch: This current events database allows researchers to explore social, political & economic issues, scientific discoveries and other popular topics discussed in today’s classrooms, from over 139,800 full text articles.
- Vocational & Career Collection: designed for vocational and technical libraries servicing high schools, community colleges, trade institutions and the general public. This collection provides full text coverage for more than 350 trade and industry-related periodicals.
- World History Collection: offers a global look at history with content from Africa, Asia, North and South America, Europe and the Middle East from over 150 full text titles, including many peer-reviewed journals, dating back to 1964.
EBSCOhost Search Interfaces Return to top
- Consumer Health Complete: provides health content to support patients’ information needs and helps to better understand health-related topics, but does not include CINAHL.
- Enhanced Business Search Interface: provides an easy way to both browse and search for country economic data, company profiles, industry information and market research, and then use the results as limiters in a keyword search, if desired.
- Kids Search Interface: provides an interface for students in grades K-8 to search by keyword or by topic to find the most useful search results. This interface searches Middle Search Plus, Funk & Wagnalls New World Encyclopedia, Newspaper Source, Primary Search, and TOPICSearch. The Teacher Resource searches Academic Search Premier, ERIC, and the Professional Development Collection.
- Searchasaurus: provides an interface for searching Primary Search and Middle Search for children in grades preK-5 to search by keyword or by topic to find the most useful search results.
- Student Research Center Interface: provides an interface for students in grades 6-12 to search by keyword or by topic to find the most useful search results. This interface searches the Health Source - Consumer, Middle Search Plus, Newspaper Source, TOPICSearch, MAS Ultra - School Edition, Columbia Encyclopedia, Vocational and Career Collection, and Texas Reference Center EBSCOhost databases. The Teacher Resources searches the Academic Search Premier, ERIC, and the Professional Development Collection databases.
- EBSCOhost Complete Health & Medicine Search: provides a simultaneous search link to all the EBSCOhost health and medicine databases, including CINAHL Plus with Full Text, Clinical Pharmacology, Health Source: Consumer/Nursing/Academic, Academic Search Complete, Academic Search Premier, MEDLINE, MedicLatina, and Alt-HealthWatch with more than 50,000 combined full text sources.
Gale PowerSearch Return to top
- Gale Literary Databases: provides a single search interface for Contemporary Authors, Contemporary Literary Criticism, and Dictionary of Literary Biography. Essentially the same database as Literature Resource Center without Twayne's and Scribner.
- Health Reference Center Academic: a multi-source database that provides access to the full text of nursing and allied health journals, plus a wide variety of personal health information sources.
- Health and Wellness Resource Center with Alternative Health Module: provides a one stop, full-service resource for consumers and health care professionals covering topics both in traditional medicine and alternative and complimentary therapies.
- Literature Resource Center with Twayne's and Scribner: a comprehensive database with more than 130,000 articles covering every literary genre. The LRC is a combination of the Gale Literary Databases with the added feature of a Gale Resource Center interface, plus over 2,000 resources included in Twayne's Authors Series and Scribner Writers.
Kingsville Campus- (361) 592-1652 Ext. 4084
Alice Campus- (361) 664-2981 Ext. 3063
Via SMS: TXT your question to 361.236.7933
Call us: 361.354.2737