Electronic Books: Students use their CougarID to access electronic books and faculty/staff use their email name and password.
2 week loan period
Overdue fines are $0.20 per day per book, up to a $10 per book maximum
Non-returned books and unpaid overdue fines may result in registration and transcript blocks
Students and staff may borrow books from the Circulating, Leisure, and Texana collections.
4 month loan period
In addition to the Circulating,Leisure, and Texana Collections, faculty members may also borrow videos from the educational DVD collection for classroom instruction (these are also cataloged in the online catalog-- contact the library to view a list, or come to the Beeville LRC to view the collection)
**Faculty may also request books from the reference collection to be delivered to the Alice, Kingsville, and Pleasanton campuses for viewing
InterLibrary Loan (ILL): TO REQUEST AN ILL CLICK HERE FOR THE FORM
ILL is a method that the Library uses to borrow books and request copies of articles from print journals from other libraries
Be prepared to provide the library with complete information, including the ISBN number and edition for the book or the complete article citation for articles
If you need assistance in searching for the correct book information, please contact the librarians, who will be able to assist you in your search
You do not need to provide information about other libraries that may own the book or journal titles, as the library utilizes an automated library catalog search and borrowing system (OCLC WorldCat) to borrow books and request article photocopies
ILL requests may take up to two weeks for commonly held books; longer for less commonly held titles
The loan period and other policies are designated by the lender libraries, not the CBC Library
Either visit your campus library and have staff order the material or fill out this form to request books for delivery for your campus. If emailing, include your Name, CougarID (Students), or your Office Extension (Employees), Campus for Delivery, Book Title, Author, Year of Publication, Edition (if known), ISBN number (if known). You will need to check with your campus library to pick up the book. Books that are owned by the CBC Library will be checked out to you according to the policy, ILL books will be according to the lending library's policy.
Requesting Articles from Journals or Books
Either visit your campus library or fill out this form to request photocopied articles from print journals or photocopied pages from books. Include your Name, CougarID (Students), or your Office Extension (Employees), Campus for Delivery, Journal Title, Article Title, Author(s), Year of publication, Volume, Issue Number, Page Numbers. Students will need to check with your campus library to pick up the copy; Library staff will mail through campus mail for employees.
Books and print journal articles that the library owns:
- Beeville Campus - come to the library during library hours to view the collection and/or check out books, or search the Catalog from your office.
- Branch Campuses - search the Catalog, then contact the library to have books sent to the campus or photocopies of print journal articles.
- Book borrowing policy: faculty may check books out for four months at a time. Call the library at extension 2737 or email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your name, department, campus, and phone number in your email.
Books that must be borrowed from other libraries (InterLibrary Loan, or ILL), including copies of print journal articles located in other libraries:
- Email your request to email@example.com
- Be prepared to provide the library with complete information, including the ISBN number for the book and the complete article citation for the article. If you need assistance in searching for a book, please contact the librarians, who will be able to assist you in your search.
- You do not need to provide information about other libraries that may own the book or journal titles. The library utilizes an automated library catalog search and borrowing system to borrow books and request article photocopies.
- Beeville Campus - visit, call (ext. 2737), or email the library with your request.
- Branch Campuses - call (ext. 2737), or email the library with your request
- ILL - InterLibrary Loan may take up to two weeks for commonly held books; longer for rarer titles
Books recommended for the library to purchase for the collection.
- There is an online form here.
- The library does not purchase textbooks.
- Book purchase requests will be evaluated against collection needs and budget.
- Please contact the Library Director for collection needs.
Kingsville Campus- (361) 592-1652 Ext. 4084
Alice Campus- (361) 664-2981 Ext. 3063