Book Borrowing Policy
Students based in Alice, Kingsville and Pleasanton have access to the online book catalog.
- To access the catalog, go to the Library Catalog Page then enter your search term to find book.
- Small book collections are located on each campus. To borrow books from another campus and have them delivered to your local Coastal Bend College campus, please see borrowing books tab located on library homepage
- Interlibrary Loan (ILL): This is the process where students and faculty may borrow books that CBC does not own from other libraries. The ILL process can be done by following the borrowing books guidelines or visiting the librarian or library work-study at your local campus to have them order the books/material of your choice.
Other Book Check-out Info
All students have access to over 60,000 electronic books, available 24/7!
- You can search for electronic books (e-books) by selecting the e-books tab on our homepage and select the collection of your choice for searching.
- The e-books list provides access to two comprehensive, multidisciplinary electroninc book collections: Ebrary and through Ebscohost but also contains links to free e-book collections via the web that are accessible to anyone.
- All currently enrolled students have access to the TexShare Card Program.
- The TexShare Card Program allows currently enrolled students to obtain a library card each semester that will allow them to check out books from any participating academic or public library in Texas, however,
- Each student must apply for a new card each semester from their local CBC campus library.
- Students must not have outstanding fines or overdue books from the CBC library to obtain a TexShare card each semester,
- To obtain a TexShare card students must bring their CBC student ID (also obtained from the library) as well as current course schedule for the semester showing they are currently entrolled.
- Students must present their TexShare card to each library's circulation desk to set up an account and borrow books.
- Students are responsible for the books they borrow from other libraries.
- This library includes a small reference, circulating, and current magazine and journal collection.
- The library also has a copier and APEX scanner and an area set aside for one-to-one research assistance the library space is shared with the Student Success Center.
- This library includes a small reference, circulating collection, and current magazine collection.
- The office has an area set aside for one-to-one research assistance as well as a study area and computers for student use.
- This library includes a small reference collection and maintains a range of print materials in support of the literary criticism courses in the form of indexes, books, and periodicals.
- The library also has earphones, a copier, and a microfilm printer/reader.
Library Online Resources
Library Online Resources
The CBC library subscribes to and maintains an online library of over 250,000 online resources that include online books, newspapers, scholarly journals, magazines, maps, images, and documents. All students have access to the Library Online Resources maintained on the library's website 365 days a year accessible with their CougarID and student identification number.
The Cougar ID is the username and login for all online resources: Blacboard, Library Online Resources, student e-mail, and wireless internet services
The Cougar ID is automatically the student's last name plus the last 4 digits of the Social Security Number, the password is the Student ID number
Read more about Cougar ID here
- Research assistance is available in a variety of ways to suite your comfort level:
- e-mail- email@example.com (allow 24 hours for a response),
- instant messaging- available Monday- Friday through our website to the right of the page
- phone- see phone numbers section for your local campus number
- in person- see your local campus information for library hours to get help from the librarian on duty or trained work-study employees for assignment help, citation style help, or online searching.
Kingsville Campus- (361) 592-1652 Ext. 4084
Alice Campus- (361) 664-2981 Ext. 3063